I've missed you. And you, and you. When I stop making really specific time for writing, or when my kids start deciding that 5:15 is a fun time to be with Mama, then my posting trickles away a little. And it makes me sad. I have lots to talk about (my sweet little head is about exploding with ideas) but right now, I want to give myself and all my lovelies a boost. Here are 28 things making me happy right now.
1. Posting this!
2. Both kids are napping
3. Laurel is coming tomorrow
4. We're planning on mimosas
5. We watched Frozen in the 1st grade yesterday, and we let the kids sing along to Let it Go, and their tiny voices raised together made me cry.
6. We have new carpet in the living room, and the boys are overjoyed and run around a ton.
7. Milo specifically asked me to take him to the library.
8. Milo in general is talking a lot more, telling me what he dreams, and answering questions about his day at dinner.
9. I've found some really interesting resources about binge-eating and weight loss, and they feel right.
10. Iced coffee season is here
11. In my personal life, iced coffee season is always
12. Easter is finally this weekend, and making Easter baskets is one of my favorite pastimes.
13. I scrubbed a year's worth of crusted toddler mess (mostly food and finger paint) off the metal ridged rim at the bottom of our kitchen table and it felt SO GOOD.
14. I just admitted one of my most shameful housekeeping secrets (like, I pray every time someone is here that they won't notice the rim of the table) and it felt SO GOOD.
15. FaceTiming with my mom, texting with my sister.
16. Milo sings "Do You Want To Build A Snowman" with me.
17. Elliott's hair is starting to curl.
18. It's April Vacation
19. I graduate grad school in a matter of weeks
20. I have a ton of great doctor's appointments this upcoming week, and it's step in the right direction for me, and that feels SO GOOD.
21. Laurel got accepted into the Chicago Marathon in October
22. My sister Emily is getting married
23. My sister Julianna is having a baby SO SOON OMG
24. Ben and I have an IKEA date next Sunday (WITH NO KIDS WHAT?!)
25. I had the coolest conversation about the after life with my coworkers yesterday and it was deep and I loved it.
26. I have some cute posts planned, with titles like How To Build Your Village and Can We Talk About Frozen?
27. My kids woke up while I writing this and I cuddled them, put them in the same crib together, dumped in 10 books, and they hung out and read so I could finish. Woah.
28. I'm here and I am surrounded by love and iced coffee and friends and family. I'm out-of-my mind lucky, and only rarely do I shake off the mundane daily stuff that drags me down and remember it. There are plenty of days where everything from not having a dad to leaving my lunch at home makes me feel deeply sad and grumbly, but I'm really happy that today I'm happy. I'll take it whenever I can get it.